Before the encounter with Broodmother, its recommended that all heroes in the group have reached level 8 and have equipped their level 8 items. This can be achieved simply by completing all other quests from Tol'Cam and Vormur Temple, before attempting this fight.
Broodmother is located within the Tol'Cam Caves. The fastest way to reach her is a follows:
- Take the first quest in Tol'Cam, right outside the New Hero preparation room,  Village Elder and complete it.
- Take the quest from the Village Elder, called  Vormur Temple and the  Restoring the Portal Quest from the Portal Master
- Either use the portal to reach Vormur Temple, or take the  Knock Knock quest and proceed on foot.
- Once you are in the Vormur Temple, complete  Restoring the Portal to then take the quest  Proving Your Worth which grants the Key to Tol'Cam Caves where Broodmother is lcoated.
Broodmother Phases & Abilities
There are 2 phases during the BM encounter:
Targets a random player with poison that damages and deals damage over time.
A random player becomes webbed, which damages, roots and silences the hero for a short duration.
During this Egg Phase, BM does not attack and cannot be attacked nor targeted. In addition, spiders spawn and attack the nearest player.
This phase lasts for about 30 seconds and any egg that has not been destroyed will hatch, spawning 3 spiders per egg. Simultaneously, Broodmother re-appears, and Phase 1 is repeated.
During P1, the Main Tank keeps the boss facing away from the group. DPS ability cooldowns should be used during this phase as it is the only phase you'll be able to damage the boss in. Using a smoke screen on the boss to mitigate auto-attack damage may be helpful. Healer(s) should pay attention to heroes that have been poisoned, which deals more damage overtime than it does initially. After about 30 seconds, P2 will begin if Broodmother has not been killed by then.
In P2, Broodmother begins to spawn 8 eggs along the walls, starting from the bottom left. These can be destroyed immediately after spawned and all heroes should participate in doing so. Spider adds spawn during this phase which the Tank should aggro to allow DPS to focus on remaining eggs. If eggs do remain by the time BM re-spawns, one can manage the hatched spiders with smoke screens and AOE abilities.
How to VX Broodmother - 'Ahh!! Spiders!'
Defeat the Broodmother without killing any of the eggs in phase 2.
Broodmother VX can be easily achieved with some of these methods:
During P2, all heroes stack by a wall to avoid getting surrounded when eggs hatch, while tank remains nearest to center, to aggro potential spawns. When BM appears and the eggs hatch, immediately use smoke screens and AOE abilities to mitigate incoming damage. Tank should keep AOE taunt abilities ready to keep aggro of adds. If the group lacks AOE DPS then focusing damage on BM may be viable to avoid a second phase 2.
Phase 2 does not need to be reached in order to accomplish this. If there is enough DPS to defeat BM during P1, then the fight is automatically VX'd.
Broodmother UVX Guide
In addition to not killing any eggs, you also can't kill any of the baby spiders. Broodmother must go through at least 2 egg phases; killing her before she's gone through 2 egg phases will result in the run being auto-failed.
During egg phase, spider adds (these are safely killable) will spawn with a specific color. Each color has different effect:
- All colors: When killed, leaves behind cloud of poison that does continuous damage (similar to zombies in catacombs).
- Red: Explodes after 3 seconds, dealing 1000 damage in 400 AoE.
- Green: Inflicts a stacking Poisonous Bite debuff when attacking, causes DoT
- Blue: Spikes will appear at the spot of its death, causing 200 damage per hit and stunning. Spikes last forever, but do not move.
EscapeWhen defeated, the notification "The cave is full of poison fog!" will appear and all players will start suffering 30 damage per second until they return to town. Teleport scrolls will not be allowed, forcing players to walk back.
Broodmother Item Drops
1-4 random Magical (Blue quality) items