The portal to Muarki is located in Karavnos' boss room, after defeating Karavnos.
The boss has 2 phases. In the first phase players fight Muarki's minions, one by one. In the second phase, players fight Muarki, until he reaches 66% HP, at which point he resurrects his minions from the first phase.
The enviroment is also a hazard in the fight.
The entrance area of the fight will be
engulfed in flames, preventing players from escaping the fight.
Additionally, there are 2 circles on the ground, which will shoot orbs, that deal a small
amount of area damage on hit.
Phase 1: MinionsPlayers fight the minions in the following order.
- The warrior uses a whirlwind attack, which deals high damage around him. While whirlwinding, the minion will follow randomplayers.
- Charge: After using whirlwind, the minion will charge at every player, doing a burst of damage, and knocking everyone back.
- The warrior also has a buff that decreases skill damage taken.
- The shaman summons a cloud of lightning in the middle, which shoots lightning bolts randomly, dealing some damage.
- The headhunter throws traps on the ground, which deal a burst of damage and apply a bleed upon stepped on.
- The witch doctor summons healing wards and serpent wards, which must be aoe'd down.
- The witch doctor also has a buff that regenerates his health.
Phase 2: Muarki
- Cleave: Muarki's auto-attacks cleave, dealing damage to all units that are near his target.
- Charge: Muarki yells "Do you see your end, *playername*?" After a delay the boss picks the player up, knocking him into an another player, and then charging at the player, doing damage and knocking everyone aside while charging.
- Pull: Muarki yells "I am powerful" and marks a player, and after a delay, he pulls everyone to his location, stunning everone for a few seconds, and then knocking everyone away, doing some samage. The marked player will be encased in rock, which needs to be destroyed to free the player.
Killing the minions is easy. Run away from whirlwind, do not step on traps, and aoe the wards. Lure them to the top right corner, and kill them all there at the same place. That way, if you keep the boss there, you can aoe the adds and do some damage to the boss too.
When Muarki activates, be careful about his cleave, only the tank should ever stand in front of the boss. This becomes a problem when Muarki uses charge, just make sure to run away from the boss.
Never tank the boss near one of the circles on the ground, because when the boss uses Pull, players will be stunned forr several seconds, and not being able to dodge orbs combined with the damage from the knock can be lethal.
The boss will start resurrecting the minions when he reaches 60% hp. At that point, the
boss will not move or attack while channeling. The minions will be resurrected in the same place where they died, and in the same order as you fought them in the first phase. Focusing them very fast is essential, since the fight becomes chaotic if more are alive at the same time. Using smoke screens is recommended.
After killing the minions, the fight is essentially won, because nothing else will happen other than the 2 spells used by Muarki.
The easiest way to do it is to separate the minions and the boss. Kill the minions in the top right corner, as you usually do, but when the boss is approaching 60% hp, take him to the opposite side of the room. Damage dealers stay on the boss, and the tank goes to the minions and aggros and tanks them there. With good dps, the boss should die before becoming active again, or shortly after that.