Summoning the Fire Boss
You can reach the boss area of Avnos through the AOT Fire Wing (west wing) starting at the AOT Portal. For those with status 6 or higher, the portal to the end of the west wing becomes available (500g).
Before the boss is summoned, one must first solve a puzzle (mini-game) and defeat a mini-boss. The puzzle room at the end Fire Wing contains 6 orbs, which need to be destroyed in the right order, using the Attack (Key: A) action (right-click doesn't auto-attack the orb). The order of the orbs changes per game, and hitting the wrong orb will spawn mobs. When an orb is destroyed, damage is dealt in a small AOE around the orb, hence a ranged hero could attack these to avoid that damage.
Below are the currently known orb order combinations.
- Avnos Puzzle Orb Orders - Spoiler!
Abilities & Mechanics
The Avnos fight introduces new mechanics that make the battles more intense than the previous bosses.
The image on the right displays the boss area where the battle takes place in. Players can freely roam the area in green, but need to avoid the corners (red) to not spawn Fire Elemental adds.
The main factor of damage throughout the fight is the Engulfing Flames debuff. The debuff is applied to all heroes, increasing by 1 stack per several second intervals. Heroes with this debuff receive damage per second and 5% additional damage from all other abilities per stack.
How to Reset Debuff Stacks
Heroes, other than the tanking hero, need to lose their stacks when it gets too high for healing to manage.
- The tanking hero (who will be taking the boss's auto-attacks) can gain up to x4 stacks of Engulfing Flames. Instead of gaining a 5th stack, an explosion is triggered, dealing damage to the tanking hero and resetting the stacks to 0.
- DPS and Healers
- Will gain stacks indefinitely and these can only be reset by getting out of the bosses Line of Sight for several seconds. This can be done by hiding behind any Meteor Rocks, that remain after his Meteor ability has been cast.
Dialog: A fiery death from the sky!
When the dialog appears, a meteor landing mark spawns under a player and anyone near this mark needs to move away from it. The meteor does fatal damage in a large AOE upon impact. After impact, a boulder/rock will remain where it landed that players can use to lose their Engulfing Flames debuff.
During the encounter, a random player is targeted and a slow moving Firepath begins to travel in a straight line towards that player. There These paths do a heavy amount of damage per second to anyone who comes in contact with them.
Fire Arc Phase
Dialog: By fire... be purged!
During the battle, Avnos will switch into a different phase, announced by the above dialog. During this phase, players continue to gain Engulfing Flames, but he will no longer auto-attack and will stop casting Meteors and Firepaths.
Avnos will face a random direction of the arena and after a short delay, spawns an arc of fire that travels and grows in size, dealing damage to the complete section he was facing. This is the only ability he will cast during this phase.
Watch Your Feet
Stay mobile throughout the fight and move immediately when a Firepath approaches or a Meteor mark spawns. When a Meteor mark spawns on a Firepath, it becomes difficult to see which may cause players to be to close to it when the meteor lands. In addition, meteor rocks on a firepath are difficult to use lose stacks.
Know your Debuffs
VX Avnos Guide
Avnos - 'Die In a Fire' - Defeat Avnos after spawning the Flame Orb
Walking into the fire in a corner summons a Fireling, which needs to be tanked and killed, and causes the player to take some damage and to take a stacking debuff called combustion, that makes you take increased damage if you walk into a corner again.
Killing a fireling causes a small fireball to spawn, which does some damage around it, like immolate.
Killing all 4 firelings causes the small fireballs to form the Flame Orb. Spawning the flame orb causes Avnos to heal to almost full, so it is pointless to dps the boss.
The flame orb does damage around it like the small orbs, but with a greater magnitude, and uses some spells you need to dodge.
Boss & Arena Mechanic
- 10 seconds after the boss fight begins, The air begins to burn with searing heat will be activated, lethal damage anyone that attempts to leave the boss area.
- It's required to have 450+ move speed for all players to be able to outrun Fire Rope. "I personally suggest cap your move speed"
- Every 15 seconds, all players gain a stack of Fire Strike, reducing movement speed by 5 per stack. This effect cannot be dispelled and is permanent.
- Avnos meteors A fiery death from the sky! now instantly kill and they gain a gravity effect that pulls you towards it, making running harder..
- Avnos has 90% damage resistance
- Avnos "fire waves" summon 66% faster and move much more quickly, and also summon many fire minions each wave from middle. The flame shamans are able to heal Avnos for 30% of his HP, and should be prioritized to be killed ASAP, or let them heal avnos deliberately in case you overdps'ed him to prevent accidently kill before UVX.
- For each corner activated & Fire Elemental killed. Avnos gains +1000 damage & +50% Attack Speed "total +4000 Damage & +200% Attack Speed.
- Upon death, all players take 1500 damage instantly. May vary depending on your magic resistance.
Fire Laser/Rope/Lasso & Activating Corners
After 2nd fire path appears on the ground first fire laser spawns and that moves 300 degrees around in a circle; all players must run with the laser while avoiding it. İf they touch it, they instantly die. Laser moves very quickly. Laser spawn according to where fire path appears "fire path appears towards on random player always". Therefore all players must take their positions back to back in a single row. So you will have better control on laser for to trigger corners and preventing random chaos.
İ shall destroy your body! shows as "Orange Text" and its clockwise.
Your soul will burn as "Red Text" for counterclockwise.
Laser must touch all 4 corners as it rotates. The last corner it touched will be the one that is activated. Several fire wing mobs and a fire elemental will spawn if successfully activated.
Fire Waves & Minions
When UVX activated
A lines of fire/laser will appear stretching from one point to the next and the flame wave will shoot from the reddish like orb, anyone who touches it will be stunned for around 3 seconds. He will also begin to spawn additional minions even though it's not the fire wave phase anymore.