The encounter with Naztar can be a tricky, especially for new players. Each attempt can vary in difficulty, depending on which players are mirrored (4). Here are some general strategies that may aide in defeating this boss:
- When the fight begins, the boss has the "painless" buff and players should hold off with doing damage until Mana Shield is active.
- During Mana Shield, avoid bursting to allow healer to mitigate the damage accordingly. Save heavy damage abilities for after the Mana Shield is removed.
- Smoke Screens are very useful during this encounter and should be kept up as much as possible.
- Mirror images of heroes attack players nearest to them, so if you're being attacked, you can re-position so that tank is may get the aggro or even kite out the mirror image if necessary. The mirror spawns can be handled in several ways depending on team composition.
- Lord Naztar is defeated when he reaches about 10% of his HP, instead of being killed. A cut-scene occurs and Naztar will flee the zone.
Naztar UVX Guide
You kill him the same way as normal. However, a blue rectangle will appear in the arena, and all players must stay inside it or take heavy damage. This rectangle will move around, forcing everyone to constantly move with it.
- The rectangle will shrink over time, eventually killing everybody if it gets too small.
- Waves of water will come from the left side of the map at regular intervals, dealing 600 damage in a line and slowing movement speed temporarily
- Naztar's Mana Shield, when broken, now deals % of hp damage in a small AoE in addition to regular explosion damage, about 40% of max hp.
- When defeated, massive waves of water will emerge from the left side of the arena, and all players must run to the right or die.